Working as a make-up artist can mean different things depending on an individual’s position and the industry in which he or she works. Responsibilities are varied, and duties may involve selling products, applying cosmetics, styling hair or performing cosmetic procedures like facials and extractions. The Make-Up expert should be able to provide accurate and high-quality customer service in the salon. The expert will understand customer needs, recommend services and products, So as to ensure continuous and consistent customer satisfaction.
Careers in the Entertainment Industry
Make-up artists working in entertainment apply makeup to actors on film sets and in television studios or to stage performers in theaters. They may be self-employed or work as part of a team. Their job duties involve consulting with other members of the crew to determine the desired effect and required look for the actors and performers. They may have to research the make-up, hairstyles, and attire that were common in a certain period or place to determine what is needed. Depending on the project, they may use special effects to make a person appear sick, injured or older.
Make-up professionals in the film industry generally have irregular work schedules, working long hours for several months straight followed by months at a time without work. They often relocate temporarily for the duration of the project. Those working in a television studio may have regular schedules, but equally long hours averaging well over 40 hours a week. Television make-up artists attend to the needs of people on regularly scheduled programming, which may be anything from light make-up for news to special effects make-up for television shows. They often must remain available throughout filming for touch-ups, as well as helping actors remove make-up at the end of the day.
Careers in the Fashion Industry
Make-up artists working in fashion prepare models for photo shoots, runway shows, and advertisements. They work independently or as part of a team for modeling agencies or magazines. Fashion jobs generally require a high artistic ability, the keen eye for detail and knowledge of how lighting affects the appearance of make-up. Make-up artists working for magazines may also be involved in touching up photographs using airbrushing techniques and computer software programs.
Careers in the Service Industry
Many make-up artists work full-time in the cosmetic service industry. They sell products in stores and at cosmetic events. Some work in cosmetic sections of department stores answering customers’ questions, giving makeovers and demonstrating application techniques. Others in the service industry work in salons and spas, building a dependable clientele over time. They perform facials, makeovers, skin consultations and recommend make-up products. Make-up artists typically need some formal training from a cosmetology program and a state license to qualify for jobs in salons and spas. Licensed make-up artists may also be called aestheticians.
Freelance make-up artists must be proactive in marketing and networking to build their business. Most freelance workers display their portfolio on a website, and they may attend cosmetic and fashion events to make contacts. Becoming a successful freelance make-up artist requires building an impressive portfolio and gaining the trust of clients, which can take several years.
Many freelancers get jobs helping people get ready for special occasions, such as weddings, dinner parties, awards ceremonies and beauty pageants. They may travel to a person’s home or another remote location to get the job done, supplying all the products and equipment that is needed. Depending on the event and person, they may meet clients before the event to determine exactly what is required. Clients happy with an artist’s work often use them for future events and refer them to family and friends, giving freelance make-up artists opportunities to quickly expand their business.
What are the main responsibilities of Makeup Artist
- Responsible for applying makeup and prosthetics to aesthetically enhance celebrities, performers, individuals, entertainers, or for special events such as weddings or dates. Work independently or with a team. May also style hair.
- Apply makeup to clients using a color palette and different tools such as mascara, sponges, eyebrow shapers, lip liners, brushes, and applicators.
- Work with clients to create various looks.
- Work on theatrical productions, movie sets, photo shoots, backstage at concerts, or on television shows.
- Apply makeup for big events including weddings, funerals, holidays, and outings.
- Style hair according to makeup.
- Set makeup with hairspray or other setting material.
- Apply touchups as necessary.
- Remove makeup from clothes if some are transferred.
- Use photographs or models for reference when consulting with clients on the ideal look.
- Apply prosthetics on movie sets.
- Read scripts to ascertain the materials and the look required.
- Sketch designs for future looks.
- Purchase cosmetics and applicators from vendors and negotiate prices.
- Ensure makeup looks natural and well-applied under different lighting.
- Match skin color to color palettes to determine best looks.
- Teach makeup application to clients.
- Suggest skin care routines.
- Fit wigs and hairpieces.
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Wipe off makeup and reapply if the client is unsatisfied.
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
What is the qualification for Makeup Artist
- Minimum Qualification: 10th std Pass
- Completed specific diploma or certificate courses in beauty or Make-Up
- Candidate should be good in communication skills. (should manage to speak basic English)
Tool Kit required for Interview of Makeup Artist
- Makeup Kit – a professional makeup kit & Beauty Vanity box should be ready with every makeup artist Makeup Trainer.
- A model – Every Makeup Artist or Makeup Trainer bring a Model with their skill test. a Model can be any friend, Aunty, Dadi Nani Mom or any girl. So this very important for every makeup Trainer or makeup artist to arrange in advance someone.
How to Apply
Send Resume on E-mail:- [email protected] or WhatsApp 8264875331
APPLY HERE LIKE FB PAGE JOIN OUR FB GROUP